It pays to be prepared!
Although we hope it never happens to you,
the Adrian Reyes Agency wants all of its customers to think ahead!
If you have a property loss, it's important to take action to prevent further damage to your property. This includes:
- Reasonable temporary repairs
- Photograph damaged property prior to removal or disposal
- Secure property such as windows, doors and roofs as necessary
- Keep receipts of expenses you incurred to secure your property
- This not only protects your property, but it may reduce the time it takes to restore it.
Duties After a Loss
Your policy notes a specific list of things you must do after an accident or loss. Such as:
- Notifying your insurer as soon as practical
- Notifying the police in case of theft
- Protecting the property from further damage
After a loss you should make temporary repairs necessary to avoid further damage